Seminars may be tailored for time and content to meet the specific training goals of your organization.
The law enforcement profession has moved into a new era with old problems. Our profession is under attack from almost every side and police officers are questioning their worth to the job and to society.
Sadly, those who choose to stay continue to be injured, killed and cause liability to the agencies they represent. Use of force and racism get the headlines, but vehicle operation and crashes continue to be the Achilles Heel.
The “Driving Concern” was developed to protect the officer, the agency, and the jurisdiction by educating to change the mindset of the street officer and the field training officers responsible for their tutoring.
This seminar covers topics that are glanced over or overlooked all together in basic cadet training.
Law Enforcement officers receive a minimum of behind the wheel driver training.
Most are trained on a skills course at low speed.
Officers quickly learn however to be proficient as an operator of an emergency vehicle, not through training but through exposure. Officers become overconfident in their abilities and that is the purpose of “Decision Driving for Law Enforcement”.
Police Officers are faced with many dangers in course of carrying out their assigned duties.
· Law Enforcement has focused training around law, policy and procedure, because of the liabilities associated with use of force, firearms and potential civil rights violations.
· The one liability often overlooked, but many times can be as costly as use of force, is the operation of the patrol unit responding to calls for service.
· Behind the wheel, hands on driver training is minimal at best, but worse than the lack of skill training is the mental attitude training associated with operating a police vehicle in an emergency.
· Actual dash cam video examples are used to identify mistakes due to habit, routine or conditioning. After pointing out how the incident caused an officer to be hurt or killed, solutions are provided to the officers to avoid making the same mistake .
· This training identifies the vulnerabilities police officers face while working in and around the patrol unit and how to avoid becoming a picture and story line on the officer down memorial page.
· Training time 2 hours